The way you reach your conclusion from your premises is so illogical,
you are casting doubt on your own ability to think logically enough to
be a competent programmer.

The real reason Dianne has "quite a following" is because she really
does know Android extremely well, having been at the center of
everything Android since very near its beginning. And she has
dispensed a great deal of valuable Android knowledge in this forum
over the years, too, even if some of her responses were so brief they
read like Delphic utterances:(

And not surprisingly, Dianne is 100% correct on this one: hard coding
package names is bound to break the code, whether now or in the
future. If it really is, as you say, a "hard requirement" then you are
going to have to resign yourself  to having broken code. You have been
warned, don't shoot the messenger. Go back to your client and explain
the consequences of this "hard requirement". You just might find it is
not such a "hard requirement" after all.

Finally, I have argued with Dianne about some things (usually related
to the overly brief character of her replies), but I have never sent
her or any other group member 'hate mail'. Don't go there, if anyone
else goes there, don't support them, distance yourself from them.