Thanks Dianne for your answer..

I just compared the basic thread and a thread launched in a service
process
upon an AIDL request in the sense that if the client actvity was
destroyed, then
in both cases, the basic long time running thread and the service
thread would
also be destroyed...

With your responses it's now more clear for me.. and by the way I
realized
it's make no sense in launching a thread upon an AIDL request from a
component and expecting this thread keeps on running, after the
component
be destroyed.

(Dianne, your "Multitasking the Android Way" paper is very very
helpfull, keep
on doing things in this "way"..)