Support for it is rather vague too.  On my apps if I run monkey on the
app without the licensing I can do 50,000 events and no crashes.  The
app with LVL crashes on one of those APN keystroke things.  The LVL
team needs to update the source to prevent that.

I believe in using licensing if anything just to slow piracy down.
You'll have to make it an ongoing project though changing the code
with each release so they can't patch it.  Also make the app not work
right if the licensing is skipped.  The pirates will often miss that
and catch a lot of well deserved flack from users who have downloaded
the broken app.