Jake,

I can only speak for myself, I don't know how other developers handle this.

1) Do developers integrate more than one SDK into an app in order to
>   maximize impressions?  Or do you pick one and stick with it?

I integrate both the mobclix and admob sdk to increase impressions and place
more than one ad in a layout.

> 2) The developer gets paid for every banner that is displayed on an
>   Activity's screen?  Or only if the user clicks through?

Depends on the ad network.

> 3) It seems like there is no guarantee that an ad will be displayed
>   which means, of course, I may not get paid.  Is that correct?  The
>   chance of an ad actually appearing depends on something outside of my
>   control?
>
> Yes this is correct, however the sdks typically give you a notice if no ad
was loaded so you can request an ad from a different provider.
Sometimes, they do this automatically.

4) My app is a widget that runs all the time plus an activity that the
>   user may or may not wish to view in order to see some extra
>   information.  If the user does display that activity it is likely to
>   be displayed for just 20 seconds or so - it is view-only with no
>   additional interaction.  Is this the wrong sort of app to consider
>   integrating with AdMob?

Yeah, ad revenue is not too much.  In my app, I plan to add a store where
they can remove the ads, or donate.

Ad/Leads seems really interesting for a game because a full screen ad can be
shown in between levels.
Their site is pretty scarce on information for developers (at least from a
quick browsing.)

This might be a good option for you since that activity is called every so
often and the users who want that functionality shouldn't mind sitting
through some ads to reach it.

> Thanks.
>
> ...Jake

>   MM> I use admob and mobclix.  They're both super easy to integrate.
>   MM> Just google some things like admob vs mobclix and you'll see what
>   MM> people have to say.
>
>   MM> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Jake Colman <col...@ppllc.com>
> wrote:
>
>   >>
>   >> Would anyone mind sharing their experiences with the various
>   >> Mobile Advertising sites and the pros and cons?  Seems like most
>   >> people use AdMob.  Any reason why them over someone else?
>   >>
>   >> --
>   >> Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer
>   >>
>   >> --
>   >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>   >> Groups "Android Developers" group.
>   >> To post to this group, send email to
> android-developers@googlegroups.com
>   >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>   >> android-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>   >> For more options, visit this group at
>   >> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
>    MM> --
>   MM> ~ Jeremiah:9:23-24
>   MM> Android 2D MMORPG: http://solrpg.com/
> http://www.youtube.com/user/revoltingx
>
>   MM> --
>   MM> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>   MM> Groups "Android Developers" group.
>   MM> To post to this group, send email to
> android-developers@googlegroups.com
>   MM> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>   MM> android-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>   MM> For more options, visit this group at
>   MM> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
> --
> Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer

~ Jeremiah:9:23-24