On Mar 10, 1:59 pm, Chris Stewart <cstewart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I've always thought that simply maintaining two views
> for each Activity, one for a phone and one for a tablet, would be a good way
> to go.  You'd then need to maintain two sets of Activities in your code base
> (one for each view, for each Activity), but at least you're simply

Simple?

I admire you for having such a thin, easily maintainable Activity. My
main activity is 3000 lines of code. Sure, it could and should be
less, but I see it doing a lot of things that should be done in an
activity - findingviews by id, responding to events, changing the
state of other views. There are lots of views in the hierarchy, and
onyl the activity can see them all.

For me, maintaining two activities would not be small.

If the fragements API is usable back to 1.6, Is your intention just to
maintain compatibility with 1.5? All that work for 3% of users when
you are primarily targeting tablets?

Nathan