"All possible values in UTC time" - there are (2 << 63) - 1 of those, which is almost 10 ^ 19, so I don't see how you could have tried them all so fast :)

Even without a wake lock, your receiver's onReceive should still be called (you do log that, right?).

RTC_WAKEUP uses wall clock time in the UTC time zone.

Make sure your code correctly computes the time value, I think that's where the bug is. Specifically, I think you're possibly getting the value in the wrong time zone (your own time zone, perhaps, and not UTC).

A few possible things to try:

- Log the value you feed to AlarmManager, log the value of System.currentTimeMillis(), see what they look like relative to one another.

- Repeat the above with the hour/minute value closer to "now", so it's easier to verify.

- Connect to your phone/emulator with "adb shell", use "dumpsys power" to check your alarm after it's been set.

Oh, and make sure your phone/emulator's date/time are set, including the time zone.

-- Kostya