The funniest (pathetic) thing is that Google's own charts as far as %
share of Android versions don't even match up.

Compare your app's statistics page ("Market all apps" chart) to this:

http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html

For example, 1.6 is shown as as having a 4.8% share in one, 7.1% in
the other -- they are not even close.  So, my theory to discontinue
1.5 and 1.6 support became much murkier as I have no way of knowing
which number is right and which one is BS.