I have done videos of my apps. You can see them in the crittermap
channel. They are all obsolete to various degrees. Even the obsolete
videos get traffic - hopefully they find the newest ones.

Here's two methods:
1. I put a camcorder on a tripod aimed it down at the Mobile Screen.
You can here my voice and ocassionally see a disembodied finger. There
is a bit of distortion involved here.
2. I used ScreenCastomatic to capture from an emulator on screen, with
video from my microphone. The performance of the emulator makes it
look like my app is slow and clunky - or that I'm just inept at
working my phone.

The instructional nature of the video tends to make up for usability
problems in my app. But when I actually improve the UI (the preferred
case) it tends to make the video obsolete.

Here's two methods I haven't tried:
3. Some phones (very few) have video capture. It might be the best of
both worlds - but I don't know cause I don't have them.
4. Create a video using music, no voice, screen captions, slides,
stock photos, and screen shots, with some transitions from
Animoto.com. It would be more of an "infomercial" for people who don't
know about the app than hard core instruction for those that have
it.

I've never really gotten good at doing the videos, but if I did, I
might get to where it doesn't take too much time.
I have an offshore graphic designer who may already be good at method
4. I would consider just having him do some of these with a few basic
scripts from me.

Nathan