Hey,

I'd like to interface with SQLite databases through JDBC. I've seen
the interfaces provided under the java.sql package, and I've tried
using them and everything seems to work as expected.

For example:
String db = "jdbc:sqlite:" + getFilesDir() + "/myDB.db";
Class.forName("SQLite.JDBCDriver");
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(db);
// do operations using conn - everything works as expected

However, I've found two posts (about a year and a half old) regarding
this issue saying that JDBC is not officially supported:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5437
and
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/cf3dea94d2f6243c

Any news on this? I'd like to know if it's now officially supported.

Thanks,
Dan