On Friday, March 18, 2011 7:27:25 AM UTC-4, Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
wrote:

> Why?
>
> Why not? Why should I be forced to build a service on an app server to sync
my data, instead of doing it directly? (Assuming the database is available,
and my corporate security policy permits it)? Now, I understand it's not a
good idea in "most" situations (you don't want your database out on the
internet). And hey, that's more development work and maintenance you can
charge for! But not everybody who wants to sync data, especially in a small
business situation, is going to have the prerogative or dollars to do so.

There seems to be some idea floating around out there that the mention in
the Android 2.3 platform highlights here (
http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3-highlights.html), under New
Platform Technologies -> Dalvik runtime -> Core Libraries, of "Updated
JDBC", is some kind of admission that JDBC is now supported under 2.3.
Although I don't see any evidence of that, why bother including it if it's
not going to be supported?

Mark Andrachek
mark.andrac...@gmail.com