   T> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Jake Colman <col...@ppllc.com> wrote:
   >> But does that mean that my singleton can be taken out of scope as
   >> well?
   >>

   T> "Scope" is not the appropriate term. But if your process gets
   T> killed, it takes everything (Services, Activities, statics, and
   T> your singleton) with it.

Do I have to assume that my application might get killed?  If my
appwidget is sitting on the homescreen and displaying it's data might it
still be killed even though it's active?  I recognize that my service is
killed the moment it is done with its work but does the same gold true
for the appwidget's broadcast receiver?  If the answer is yes, then is
the apwidget display simply a statically drawn thing that is displayed
on the screen even if the receiver is dead?

I am assuming that your answer to all of the above is: yes, my
application might get killed.  If so, how do I know when that is
happening so that I can save my location information somewhere?  How do
I know when to restore it?  This is not the same issue as with an
activity where there are specific methods that get overridden. Here I am
dealing with a "continuously" running (I know it's not really
continuous) widget so I'm not sure how to handle it.

Also, I never see this problem on my own phone and only one user (out of
appx 180 active widget installations) is complaining.  He is not using a
task killer so he is not forcing things to be killed.  What might
explain only one user having an issue.

Thanks.

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer