Greetings,

After sifting through documentation and building NFC test applications
on a Nexus S, I've come to the conclusion the Android SDK still lacks
the functionality that NFC applications truly need in order to really
be useful in practice.

What's possible now:
- Reading and writing tags.
- P2P NDEF communication.

What's missing:
- Card emulation
- P2P NDEF support on terminals/readers (which I'm given to understand
is known as com.android.npp? NDEF Push Protocol. Can't find any
documentation on that anywhere..) which - I believe - is (still)
needed for P2P communication with regular desktop readers

As far as I can tell, the NFC controller chip (PN544
http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download2/literature/9397/75016890.pdf) in
the Nexus S supports all NFC functionality, the android SDK does not.

Card emulation or proper documentation on how to initiate P2P
communication with a regular (desktop) (nfc) reader is very much a
requirement to unleash NFC's true potential, which is mobile payment.

It seems impossibly hard to find any information on whether or not
this - in my opinion vital - functionality is due to be implemented.

Does anyone have any information, thoughts, opinions, anything on this
subject? I'm really wondering what to expect from Android and NFC,
because frankly, I'm only half impressed so far.

Thanks