It would be nice to get a hint on when card emulation will be added as
an official feature of the SDK. It's already mentioned in the source
code (NfcAdapter.java) but hidden with @hide.

    /**
     * Card Emulation mode Enables the manager to act as an NFC tag.
Provided
     * that a Secure Element (an UICC for instance) is connected to
the NFC
     * controller through its SWP interface, it can be exposed to the
outside
     * NFC world and be addressed by external readers the same way
they would
     * with a tag.
     * <p>
     * Which Secure Element is exposed is implementation-dependent.
     *
     * @hide
     */
    private static final int DISCOVERY_MODE_CARD_EMULATION = 2;

It seems to be possible to enable this somehow (http://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=28TwCpx4Dng) but I don't know if it requires Java reflection,
NDK programming or a custom Android build.