As Mark said, the files have moved and were renamed.

ant_rules_r#.xml used to be in the platform folder, but they are now
in the tools folder under ant/

This is because we can now have a single rule file to compile against
any platform.

The custom Ant task "setup" (com.android.ant.SetupTask) should be able
to import the right file automatically.

you really don't want to refer to the rules files manually. You really
want to let the setup task do the import for you.

Xav

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Danny D <daniel.m.dev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a continuous integration system (Hudson) and I'm trying
> to debug some existing build configurations.
>
> I'm looking for the "ant_rules_r3.xml" file that's described in a
> number of posts and trying to determine how it's configured.
>
> I'm not finding these in any of the android-sdk locations that are
> listed.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> Is there supposed to be an "ant_rules_r3.xml" file included in the
> android-sdk package?
>
> Are these generated ( I was able to generate a build.xml file for an
> existing project, but no ant_rules_r3.xml file).
>
> Where are they located and how are they configured?
>

> Thanks,
>
> DD

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.
http://developer.android.com | http://tools.android.com

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!