Hello,

I am trying to create 9-patch images using bitmaps on the device. I am
aware of the draw9patch tool and I know how to use it however the
images in question are customized by the user thus using the tool and
adding images as resources is out of the question.

My research has led me to this discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_frm/thread/4fb0243754ce32/8c9663d62ed7be91?q=NinePatchDrawable+constructor#8c9663d62ed7be91

An Android Engineer indicated the following: "The byte[] is the raw
data of the PNG 9-patch extension chunk that we defined for android,
which aapt generates; you'll have to build that all yourself, and look
at the ResourceTypes.h header file for a description of its contents".

Is anyone aware of any examples on how to accomplish such a thing or
have any tips whatsoever on how to approach this? All comments are
greatly appreciated!

Matt.