On 04/10/11 01:48, Andrew wrote:
> I am having some difficulty compiling the source code. This post is
> largely posting my problems and solutions that I was unable to find
> anywhere else.
>
> (I have been following the directions from here:
> http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html)
>
> Repo seems to be downloading the code without a problem.
>
> When I run make...
>
> initially I encountered compiler errors having to do with const char* -
>> char* for several instances of strchar(...) and strrchar(...) being
> invalid. I corrected these errors by casting using
> strchar((char*)...).
>
> I encountered and error having to do with something not being able to
> find '-lasound'. I reinstalled lib-asound a few times, the correct
> solution was to install the 32-bit library for it.
>
> Then I encountered and error with a something not being able to find
> the wx/wxprec.h header file. (wx was not on that list of stuff to
> install, however I needed to install libwxbase2.8-dev and then move
> the it from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/* to /usr/include/wx/*
>
> I have attempted to run make using 'make -j4' (my computer has a dual
> core processor), however it gets a few minutes into the compile and
> gives a linking error with a .so file. if I just run 'make' with no
> arguments it passes that point by over an hour, but obviously takes a
> longer time to get there. I was also looking into using distcc to
> spread out the load across another computer or two - but I am not sure
> if there is anything to be gained (it looks like a large portion of
> the work is linking and not actual compiling).
>
> Addititonally, while I was able to run 'lunch' the first few times, it
> seems to have broken since, and now when I run lunch it says:
>
> Using lunch master without the GUI.
> No such file: /home/andrew/.lunchrc.
>
> I have redownloaded the repo and reinstalled lunch with no effect.

Man you gotta set up the android build environment with `.
build/envsetup.sh'. And then you can run lunch, as well as a bunch of
other helpful tools.

You'll probably need to install some more 32bit libraries before it will
build.  And also, if you are building for any actual device you will
need to obtain that devices' proprietary files from its configuration
directory (if it has one).