Make a source directory for the the following package that provides all the interfaces.

javax.microedition.khronos.opengles.GL.java
javax.microedition.khronos.opengles.GL10.java
javax.microedition.khronos.opengles.GL10Ext.java
javax.microedition.khronos.opengles.GL11.java
javax.microedition.khronos.opengles.GL11Ext.java
javax.microedition.khronos.opengles.GL11ExtensionPack.java

Have your engine refer to only use these. Also have a factory method that returns your GL instance, I believe you already do. Now Android will then compile and work directly. Then for your JOGL version, have your App return an instance that implements the different GL objects.

If you're engine is targeted at Android that allows you to dev on PC I think it's worth the time. First you're allowing the Android build to use the API directly. This verifies that anything you use already exists on Android. This means that you're only really managing the PC part which can have any hacks or performance hits required.

It's just a suggestion, I looked at your code and I thought it was the best one I found.

Leigh