In Canada we don't have access to the checkout API... we actually had to
write a small java app that would download the report from the Checkout
merchant page.
We were forced to do that because we had to be able to report on taxes (we
are required to charge a goods & services tax to Canadians only) and there
was no other way to get it.

This new feature in the console will hopefully make that a bit easier, but I
think Google must not be finished with it, because I can see it becoming a
real mess when you get several months worth of reports.