Alemao wrote:
> I really have no idea why
> this is happening. Is there any kind of permission that I need to have
> or maybe something that I need to install before trying to use the
> android GPS?

I have GPS-aware code working with just two permissions:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />

and I probably don't even need the INTERNET one.

First, I would start with an example that works. Find some code that
behaves properly, then slowly morph that code into what you need.

If something known to work for some reason does not work, there may be a
problem with your emulator -- you might consider running it once with
-wipe-data to rebuild it.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com