An AsyncTask may be doing its work with a single worker thread. You
may want to download the sourcecode of AsyncTask and  alter it so that
a pool of threads can do the work to speed up.

This is just thinking aloud.

Or write your own handler that spawns multple threads and have the
handler report back to the main thread much like the async task.

Satya

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Stefan <stefankru...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm making a app which got it's data from parsing a website, and I
> have to download around 100 webpages.
> This is a time consuming task, so I created a AsyncTask for
> downloading the data, so I can show a "Loading" message on the UI
> Thread.
>
> Only problem is, that the 100 webpages are now downloaded after each
> other. Is there a way to download the webpages at the same time? I
> tried to make a new thread in the asynctask, but I only got a "Can't
> create handler inside thread that has not called Looper.prepare()"
> eror...
>
> What's the best way to do this usually?

Satya Komatineni
http://www.satyakomatineni.com