On May 15, 2:17 pm, DanH <danhi...@ieee.org> wrote:
> (The #1 requirement for programming is a love of it that surpasses
> your love for money and often your love of food and sleep.)

I read two books that influenced my life's philosophy greatly about 30
years ago. The titles were "Guerilla Tactics in the Job Market" and
"How to Make a Habit of Succuss". I don't remember which one of the
two said it, but it was stunning to me. Find something you'd do for
free, then find someone who will pay you to do it. There in lies the
key to happiness and success.

So if you can't think of a program you'd write for free, just for the
fun of it, just because the idea challenges you, you probably should
find something else to do in life. You've chosen the wrong path. You
may make a living, hammering out uninspired code, and getting a
paycheck. You won't enjoy your life, if you will only do it for pay.
Very few understand this truth, and they are the happy few.

Randy