Is keyboard only one tool (except trackball or d-pad) for people with
disabilities for android tablets? We develop application and customer
requested accessibility features for this product. I'm looking for
approximate vision how it should looks, works and how to test these
features. I need to understand what google efforts for user with
disabilities. At the moment if I understand correctly android efforts
using a trackball or a d-pad or a keyboard
When accessibility functionality is enabled user can tap on the screen
and get back voice hint what he taped, but it's very inconvenient
because you should touch widget (hence open application) to figure out
what is it. I set Touch & hold delay to Long option in the
accessibility settings, but I don't feel any affect.

For example on iPad users can move by hand in different directions
(gesture movements) on the screen. Every movement moves cursor to next
widget. When user found needed application he/she should tap on the
screen in any area and widget will be started. In my opinion Apple
approach is much comfortable.