Try SystemClock.elapsedRealtime()+lngInterval for your second
parameter to setRepeating(). Then add an entry to LogCat using
android.util.Log in wprotatorReciever's onReceive() method to confirm
if you are getting there.

I don't recommend using Toasts from background stuff, alarms and boot
receivers in particular, even for diagnostic stuff. LogCat will be
more safer and less likely to be missed.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Simon Platten
<simonaplat...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Its been a while since I first posted regarding this problem, I've been
> away...Mark Murphy was advising me on the problem and I said I would post
> the code:
>
> I can see from the Toast in my class that the onReceive method is being
> called, but the actual intent that I install in the AlarmManager doesn't
> work.
>
> Here is the onReceive code:
>
>     public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
>         clsWallpaper.wpSettings settings = clsWallpaper.getSettings( context
> );
>
>         if ( settings.m_intRotation == clsWallpaper.FREQ_MANUAL ) {
> // Do nothing rotation is manual!
>             return;
>         }
>         if ( settings != null ) {
>             AlarmManager am =
> (AlarmManager)context.getSystemService(Context.ALARM_SERVICE);
>             Intent i = new Intent(context, wprotatorReciever.class);
>             PendingIntent sender = PendingIntent.getBroadcast(context, 0, i,
> 0);
>             long lngInterval = clsWallpaper.getInterval(
> settings.m_intRotation, settings.m_lngInterval );
>
>             am.setRepeating( AlarmManager.ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP,
>                              SystemClock.elapsedRealtime(),
>                              lngInterval,
>                              sender);
>
>             Toast.makeText(context, "Wall-paper: " +
> Long.toString(lngInterval), Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
>         }
>     }
>
> The toast near the end does come up after a reboot and the interval I've set
> is 5 seconds, so it displays 5000 milliseconds.
>
> Thanks for any help...
> Simon

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training