I expect it's part of the agreement they have to sign with the carriers
to ensure that they do get the 30% cut.

After all, what's the point of an agreement giving you a 30% cut on app
sales and then the site operator allowing the listing of apps which
bypass the mechanism which gives you the 30%.

Al.

--
======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,

subsidiaries.