I have a ListView with a custom adapter. I'd like to visually mark the
list element the user clicked on by changing it's background
permanently (until the user clicks on another element that is). How do
I achieve that? I believe that there's a built-in feature inside
LisView for this, but I had no luck finding it yet.

By default ListView animates the background color of the list-element
clicked, I just want that modified color to "stay". I've already set
the ListView's ChoiceMode to single choice, but it doesn't affect it
visually.

Thanks