Hello Guys and Google,
I'm the developer of the most popular flashlight application on the
Android Market - Tiny Flashlight + LED (over 6.5 million downloads,
top 50 in the overall applications ranking).

Today I found that Google have deleted my developer account without
any notice and removed Tiny Flashlight from the market. I saw the news
that Google removed 10 malware apps from the Android Market (
http://phandroid.com/2011/06/14/google-removes-10-new-malware-apps-from-the-android-market/
) and decided to write you.

Seems like I've been affected by this and I hope this will be resolved
soon, because I have invested a lot in Tiny Flashlight. For the one
year since Tiny Flashlight has been released, I've managed to create
one of the best android applications on the market. Although a
flashlight application seems easy to create, it's actually quite hard
on android, because the different hardware vendors have different
camera drivers and this requires a lot of workarounds just to start
the camera led / flash. This takes a lot of time and investment. In
the last 4 months alone I had to buy over 20 different android
devices, spend huge amounts of time finding a way to start the led on
these devices and making the whole process trouble-free for the user.
I've also gone a step further. Tiny Flashlight is one of the few
applications, which supports all android versions on the market - 1.5,
1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, and 3.1. It's the only flashlight
application, which still works on Motorola Quench / i1 / Backflip (all
Android 1.5).

Tiny Flashlight has become my primary source of income and the
investment I've made is huge. Every single line of code has been
written by me (except the Admob, Millennial Media, and Flurry SDKs,
but I think they are respectable companies and would never allow any
malware in their distributed SDKs).

I just can not afford to make the tiniest mistake with Tiny
Flashlight, because it's one of the top applications on the market and
I have over 4 million active users and I've invested my life into
this.

I’m angry that Google never contacted me. They just deleted the whole
account. I hope that they will fix it soon, before I lose my users and
ranking position.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/tiny-flashlight-led/com.devuni.flashlight