hello Kris, thanks for answering.
Well ... in my case it makes sense :-( but i don want to go into
functionality details. Fact is that i have a c/c++(STL) application
which makes some computations :-( and i need it to communicate in any
way with a java-androide aplication which will be the UI: one option
is NDK-JNI but if possible, i would like to avoid JNI. I wonder, may i
run my c++(STL) appl concurrently with the java UI and communicate
both of them in order to change some basic information? .. sockets ...
pipes ...  other .. without JNI ?

any way, a NDK-JNI-c++-STL example will be very welcome, if any one of
you guys may share it ..

and, by the way, how can i port (easy) C++/STL to java ???