On Jun 23, 3:21 am, Miguel Morales <therevolti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't bother trying to split up the video content.
> MediaPlayers should have no problem streaming the data from the file just
> like it can stream from a url.
>
> I've never done it before, but make sure you are using the API correctly.
> Read:http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/index.html
>
> Call prepare() before start().  Also, notice how you can specify a file
> descriptor
> directly:http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaPlayer.html...)
>
> It is pretty annoying answering questions for outsourced developers, seeing
> as we're losing jobs to much less competent people.
>

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Spooky <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You mentioned that you are loading a 1 GB video file.  Are you
> > trying to load the entire file into memory at the same time?
>
> > I don't know if most video players load entire video files into
> > memory or not, so I can't help you with THAT part.  However, I
> > might be able to help in another area....  If you're getting an
> > out of memory error, my guess is that you are trying to load the
> > entire video file into memory, and just don't have enough free
> > RAM to hold it.  Again, I don't know if this is even "normal"
> > behavior or not.
>
> > > i am trying but not getting success.when trying to divide data
> > > in chunk then video file this difficult to handle header.
>
> > Here's where I might have your answer.  From what you write
> > above, it sounds like what you're trying to say is that you
> > have tried, and failed, to divide the video into smaller video
> > files and play them in sequence with no gap in-between.  If
> > that is the case, remember, with CODECs like Divx and Xvid,
> > for example, which encode only the changes since the last key
> > frame, each segment *MUST* begin with a key frame.  Most
> > consumer-level video editing software doesn't re-encode the
> > video if you break between key frames...it just gives you
> > garbage at the breaks that aren't cut in the right place,
> > until the next key frame.  If this sounds like what you are
> > seeing, seehttp://www.videohelp.comfor more information.
>
> > By the way, this is also true when editing out portions of a
> > video.  The bit you are editing can be cut anywhere, but the
> > next portion MUST begin with a key frame.
>
> > If not, sorry, can't help....
>
> > Later, --jim
>
> > PS:  If you are doing the editing on a PC running Windows,
> >       look for Virtualdub under the Tools section.  Also look
> >       for Avisynth.
>
> > --
> > 73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | DMR: So fsck was originally called
> >http://jdgapps/com     |      something else.
> > < Running FreeBSD 7.0 > | Q:   What was it called?
> > ICBM / Hurricane:       | DMR: Well, the second letter was different.
> >   30.44406N 86.59909W  |    -- Dennis M. Ritchie, Usenix, June 1998.
>
> > --

> ~ Jeremiah:9:23-24
> [...]

By using MediaPlayer code:
=============================

 private void playVideo() {
        try {
            String path = mPath.getText().toString();
            Log.v(TAG, "path: " + path);

            if (path.equals(current) && mp != null) {
                mp.start();
                return;
            }

           path="/sdcard/watch/movie.mp4";
           holder.setType(SurfaceHolder.SURFACE_TYPE_PUSH_BUFFERS);
            mp = new   MediaPlayer  ();
            mp.setOnErrorListener(this);
            mp.setOnBufferingUpdateListener(this);
            mp.setOnCompletionListener(this);
            mp.setOnPreparedListener(this);

           // mp.setAudioStreamType(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC);
            mp.setScreenOnWhilePlaying(true);

            mp.setDisplay(mPreview.getHolder());
            mp.setDataSource(path);
            mp.prepare();

            Log.v(TAG, "Duration: ===>" + mp.getDuration());
            mp.start();

        } catch (Exception e) {
            Log.e(TAG, "error: "+ e.getMessage(), e);
            if (mp != null) {
                mp.stop();
                mp.release();
            }
        }
    }

=>
Sir, i know, i am able to play video from weburl with uri parse.but
need is play from sdcard.

Now i am able to play video from sdcard by using  MediaPlayer -Android
api without any exception,

here sound is listening , but video view not displaying on
surface.Please help me how to display video on screen by using
mediaplayer api .

Thanks,
Naveen Kumar