On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Miguel Morales <therevolti...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I wouldn't bother trying to split up the video content.
> MediaPlayers should have no problem streaming the data from the file just
> like it can stream from a url.
>
> I've never done it before, but make sure you are using the API correctly.
> Read: http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/index.html
>
> Call prepare() before start().  Also, notice how you can specify a file
> descriptor directly:
> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaPlayer.html#setDataSource(java.io.FileDescriptor,%20long,%20long)<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaPlayer.html#setDataSource%28java.io.FileDescriptor,%20long,%20long%29>
>
> It is pretty annoying answering questions for outsourced developers, seeing
> as we're losing jobs to much less competent people.
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Spooky <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You mentioned that you are loading a 1 GB video file.  Are you
>> trying to load the entire file into memory at the same time?
>>
>> I don't know if most video players load entire video files into
>> memory or not, so I can't help you with THAT part.  However, I
>> might be able to help in another area....  If you're getting an
>> out of memory error, my guess is that you are trying to load the
>> entire video file into memory, and just don't have enough free
>> RAM to hold it.  Again, I don't know if this is even "normal"
>> behavior or not.
>>
>> > i am trying but not getting success.when trying to divide data
>> > in chunk then video file this difficult to handle header.
>>
>> Here's where I might have your answer.  From what you write
>> above, it sounds like what you're trying to say is that you
>> have tried, and failed, to divide the video into smaller video
>> files and play them in sequence with no gap in-between.  If
>> that is the case, remember, with CODECs like Divx and Xvid,
>> for example, which encode only the changes since the last key
>> frame, each segment *MUST* begin with a key frame.  Most
>> consumer-level video editing software doesn't re-encode the
>> video if you break between key frames...it just gives you
>> garbage at the breaks that aren't cut in the right place,
>> until the next key frame.  If this sounds like what you are
>> seeing, see http://www.videohelp.com for more information.
>>
>> By the way, this is also true when editing out portions of a
>> video.  The bit you are editing can be cut anywhere, but the
>> next portion MUST begin with a key frame.
>>
>> If not, sorry, can't help....
>>
>> Later, --jim
>>
>> PS:  If you are doing the editing on a PC running Windows,
>>       look for Virtualdub under the Tools section.  Also look
>>       for Avisynth.
>>
>> --
>> 73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | DMR: So fsck was originally called
>> http://jdgapps/com      |      something else.
>> < Running FreeBSD 7.0 > | Q:   What was it called?
>> ICBM / Hurricane:       | DMR: Well, the second letter was different.
> [...]

By using MediaPlayer code:
=============================

 private void playVideo() {
       try {
           String path = mPath.getText().toString();
           Log.v(TAG, "path: " + path);

           if (path.equals(current) && mp != null) {
               mp.start();
               return;
           }

          path="/sdcard/watch/movie.mp4"
;
          holder.setType(SurfaceHolder.SURFACE_TYPE_PUSH_BUFFERS);
           mp = new   MediaPlayer  ();
           mp.setOnErrorListener(this);
           mp.setOnBufferingUpdateListener(this);
           mp.setOnCompletionListener(this);
           mp.setOnPreparedListener(this);

          // mp.setAudioStreamType(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC);
           mp.setScreenOnWhilePlaying(true);

           mp.setDisplay(mPreview.getHolder());
           mp.setDataSource(path);
           mp.prepare();

           Log.v(TAG, "Duration: ===>" + mp.getDuration());
           mp.start();

       } catch (Exception e) {
           Log.e(TAG, "error: "+ e.getMessage(), e);
           if (mp != null) {
               mp.stop();
               mp.release();
           }
       }
   }

=>
Sir, i know, i am able to play video from weburl with uri parse.but
need is play from sdcard.

Now i am able to play video from sdcard by using  MediaPlayer -Android
api without any exception,

here sound is listening , but video view not displaying on
surface.Please help me how to display video on screen by using
mediaplayer api .

Thanks,
Naveen Kumar