I have had links in my app to my Google Groups, Twitter and Facebook
pages.

A month ago (May 20th), I changed my URLs to proxy through goo.gl so I
can get some tracking going.

Here are my total # of clicks in the last month for each with about
5000 active installs:

Google Groups:  46
Twitter: 9
Facebook: 1(!!)

So I'd say, Google Groups is a good idea, Twitter and FB are a waste
of time.  At least it's true for my more "mature" demographics.