It's my understanding that "android-platform" is for Android OS source code
and platform development.  Do I have that wrong?  I am working with the
Android USB Accessory feature, not modifying the platform.  My project
requires that I work with OTS devices, so I may not even root devices, much
less modify the platform.

The device is being put into accessory mode correctly, so yes, that is
verified.  Also, if you look at the code in the link I provided, you can see
that I've chosen the proper endpoint for doing bulk transfers on my
particular device (based on a USB probe of my actual device, and have also
tried other common endpoint addresses just in case I had the wrong idea).

I am now working with a USB probe and with wireshark on linux to capture the
USB traffic to see if I can hunt down the issue, no luck so far.  I will
share my results.

Thank you for your input.