I'm trying to build an app that logs sensor data(using a service), and
stores it into an SQLite database. My problem is that it stops logging when
the screen is off. It works perfectly fine when the screen is on, but when i
turn the screen off the data doesn't start logging until I turn the screen
on. The process isn't being killed, because it works when the screen comes
back on.

I've tried implementing it as a Thread. I think that wont work because it
needs a context for the database. And I read that using "startForeground",
but it didn't change.

Any Suggestions? Can anyone help?

Thank you