Hi,

I have the following scenario

t1 : sitting at home - wifi connected - location manager using network
provider returns the correct location (home)
t2 : I get in my car, use the location manager now with gps provider -
returns correct locations throughout the trip (100km)
t3 : arrive at work - wifi connected - location manager again using network
provider returns the location from t1, and not the current location.
timestamp on the location resource object coming from the location manager
is an up-to-date timestamp.

distance / time between t1 and t3 is 100km / 1hour

Is there some kind of caching mechanism that I need to be aware of, and can
it be invalidated ?

How can I force the locationmanager (using network provider) to always
return an up-to-date location ? Both in t1 and t3, the phone is connected to
a WiFi base station that is known to Google (capable of being correctly
resolved into an address). between t1 and t3 the Wifi radio is on, but
obviously not connected to a basestation, and the locationmanager is using
the gps provider.

Also, sometimes, even when connected to a WiFi basestation, the
locationmanager doesn't return a location (using a 30 second timeout). In
all cases, the WiFi base stations can be resolved to an address.

Any ideas ?