i have some problems in using the date picker from xml layout.

in my app when the user clicks a text view a custom dialog box opens. In the
layout of the custom dialog box i am showing a date picker which i have
place in my xml file. When it appears in the app i want a particular date to
be viewed, for example as 01 Jan 1950. Every time it opens it is showing the
present date only.

In my dialog box i have a set and cancel buttons. The Cancel button cancels
the dialog box where as when i click the Set button i want the current date
to be stored to a String.

In another activity of my app in a custom dialog box i want to show a date
picker only with the year columns, i dont need the date and month columns.
How to get it, please help me friends

--
K Siva Sankar