@Jim - It would be possible to configure an app to be non-removable by your
average user. Of course you can't stop them but AFAIK if the app is
installed by the superuser, example the bloatware that comes pre-installed
on most devices, then it cannot be uninstalled by anyone except the
superuser. Nothing stops the user from rooting the phone and getting rid of
it but your average user won't do that (most of the non-dev type android
users I know don't even know what root, superuser etc. is. Needless to say
the have never used anything except windows.)

Thanks
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 09:05:42AM -0700, Chris Stratton wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 2, 2011 1:17:04 AM UTC-4, Spooky wrote:
> > >
> > > Install it before the user is given their corporate phone and set it so
> > > it can't be removed.  Of course, you can't prevent them from killing
> it,
> > > but that's another story.
> > >
> > How were you planning to "set it so it can't be removed" ?
>
> I wasn't....  ;-}
>
> Later,
>   --jim
>
> --
> 73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
> spooky1...@gmail.com                    ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44406N 86.59909W
>
> Seen in alt.sysadmin.recovery:  "Priceless; that's better than telling
> him to use the Read Manual command with the Real Fast option."

Raghav Sood
http://www.raghavsood.com/
http://wiki.androidappcheck.com/
http://www.telstop.tel/