I clean all projects before releasing the apk. We need to delete the
gen directory everytime??

Why would this always perfectly on samsung (I have run the app over
100 times on my samsung and I never get this error on that activity
page), but I have seen multiple crash reports - so this is definitely
a problem. Is it possible some phones the R.java mapping is different.
How can it complain about resource not found on a layout xml A about
the layout xml id B of another layout that I never access in layout
xml A?