Hi,

As my app has evolved, it has appealed more to business owners who
want to purchase the app for their employees.  According to the
Android market statistics, yesterday I had a one day spike in the
number of active installs, that that amounted to 10x my normal
volume.  Normally I sell around 5 per day, but yesterday the active
installs bumped up by about 55.  I know I did not sell 50+ licenses in
one day per my merchant account.  My fear is that a company bought one
copy of my app, and since they used the same email address on those
other devices, were able to download and use it on 50 devices.  I have
no problem in letting each person use my app on a few devices, but 50
crosses the line for me.

Has anyone found any successful strategies to limit the app to just a
few devices (say a license that lets you install it on 3 or 5
devices)?  I would imagine that you'd have to extend the licensing
system along with your own server to validate the number of devices,
but I don't think users would appreciate my app "calling home" when
started.

Thoughts?

-Kevin