My app has a SurfaceView and a GLSurfaceView.  I can switch back and
forth between these. The SurfaceView is the application GUI.

I test switching to another app. I can then switch back to the
GLSurfaceView in my app. I then try to switch back to the
GLSurfaceView,where the application GUI is. Here is where the problem
occurs. A black screen is shown instead of the GUI.

The app still works, because the application menu is shown when the
menu button is pressed. But nothing is drawn on the screen, it is only
black. I have tried almost everything to fix this, I have checked that
the thread is running and that no instance of any object (like the
SurfaceHolder) is null. What could be the reason for this black screen?