gr8 to hear from u mark.

I have few questions here. I will put them one by one here:

1. When a service is started (startService()) its mentioned in the
list of services and its just another process. Can other application
make use of it? If yes how?
2. When an app starts a service, is the service the only property of
app or is it free for others ? I think its not. right? If it has to be
free for others it should keep an
    intent filter, I guess.
3. Can we have a broadcast receiver to receive any kind of event ?

I am a newbie to android.

regards,
Krishna