On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:58 AM, krishna chaitanya
<chaitanya.ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. When a service is started (startService()) its mentioned in the
> list of services and its just another process. Can other application
> make use of it? If yes how?

The other application can send commands to it (startService()) or
perhaps bind to it (bindService()), if the service exposes some form
of API.

> 2. When an app starts a service, is the service the only property of
> app or is it free for others ? I think its not. right? If it has to be
> free for others it should keep an
>    intent filter, I guess.

It needs an intent filter to let other applications know about how to
craft Intents that identify it.

> 3. Can we have a broadcast receiver to receive any kind of event ?

Not by any conventional definition of "any kind of event".

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training