I'm pretty sure there is a manual spam checker at work. I think they're
in the west coast USA and get around to checking the held posts sometime
between 4 and 8 pm GMT because that's when I usually see a rush of posts
come through.

You may find that they're looking for questionable posts which they may
not want distributed around that time as well. I guess if you want to
post without Google controlling what appears you'll need to look at
using one of the non-Google controlled forums.

Al.

--
======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,

subsidiaries.