Hi All,

I was playing around with the Hello Android program and got the
following questions regarding the AndroidManifest.xml file:

1. An application can have multiple "Activity"-ies, likewise is it
possible to declare multiple applications in a single manifest file?
If yes how to shift focus between the declared applications?

2. Modified the HelloAndroid manifest file as shown below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
      package="com.android.hello"
      android:versionCode="1"
      android:versionName="1.0.0">

    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon2"
android:label="MyTestApp">
    </application>
</manifest>

MyTestApp.java is located in the src/com/android/hello directory.

package com.android.hello;

class MyTestApp
{
        public static void main(String args[])
        {
                System.out.println("MyTestApp:main() called");
        }
}

The project built fine but generated the following messages which I
could not understand:

[2008-12-30 13:16:38 - HelloAndroid] The Manifest defines no activity!
[2008-12-30 13:16:38 - HelloAndroid] The launch will only sync the
application package on the device!
[2008-12-30 13:16:38 - HelloAndroid] Only Syncing Application Package

Questions:
a. Is it possible to have an application without any associated
activity? Can such an application have intents (and intent filters) to
process?

b. Please explain what the message "The launch will only sync the
application package on the device!" mean.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for patiently reading this far...