Also, while you are on the topic of Threads and Loopers, 99% of the
time, if you think you need to create your own Looper instead of using
one created by the system, your design has a mistake in it. Handler,
HandlerThread and pre-existing Loopers should be enough. Even then
AsyncTask is often easier and better.