Hi all

I'm new to android and I'm facing some problems here. I'm using Ubuntu
10.10 and eclipse Helios.

I have installed the SDK and ADT and now wants to run test the
helloworld program.
First, when running the application, it won't run and a pop up message
will appear saying:"Couldn't launch the
emulator... etc", then following some threads, I used chmod 777 on the
emulator file, then it would run but after 2 seconds it would crash
saying " XIO: fatal IO error 4 (Interrupted system call) ...etc", then
following other threads I used chmod +x ddms inside the tools folder.
Now it won't crash but it just hangs out and shows the same window
regardless of the code I write, or even if the method is empty. The
last log line says :" Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be
launched..." and it will just not respond to anything except for
closing it.

Any help ? I'm really stuck there :(