This app I'm developing is strong in notifications. I've done some
testing with them and realized that when my activity closes, the
notifications remain pretty much alive. But when the app itself force
closes, the notifications disappear.

I was looking into introducing a service to my app and handle all
notifications through the service instead of an activity. But since
the app and the service run on the same UI thread, will the service
also close when my app force closes?

If so, the notifications will be removed as they were before and the
service is useless for what I'm trying to achieve... Is there any
other way to solve this problem or I just have to do my best so my app
doesn't force close?