I was planning for everything to run on both a phone and tablet. The
phone would be used by field workers to do the documentation and the
tablet would be used by another to setup schedules, and among a lot of
other things also be used to select a report and have it print. The
printing would not be such a big deal if I could just give the tablet
user the ability to just hit the button and have a report created.
That is the only part I don’t know how to do for my app.

Like say the phone user entered all this data about a “patient”, all
that data gets put into a database, that database should be able to be
accessed from more than one device. For instance have a tablet user
select a “specific report” from say a dropdown list then select a
“patient” from a dropdown list then hit ok and then in the background
have the tablet grab that “specific report” layout and the data from
that “patient” and produce a report. It’s hard for me to explain what
I want.

I just want to make a few report layouts then when a user selects that
layout and a “patient” the phone/tablet  grabs the data inputs the
data in the right spots of the already made layout then produces a
file for the user to email/print/view whatever they want.

If I can just get pointed in the right direction I’m glad to do all
the reading and practice to learn how to do it.