On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Studio LFP <studio....@gmail.com> wrote:

> *TreKing,*
>
> If you choose to ignore a well documented feature given to us by the
> Android team, that's your prerogative. As for the rest of us, we'll decide
> when we prefer to use one feature over another.

Which well documented feature? This one?
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/activity-element.html#config

And I quote:
*"Note:* Using this attribute should be avoided and used only as a
last-resort. Please read Handling Runtime
Changes<http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/runtime-changes.html>
for
more information about how to properly handle a restart due to a
configuration change."

It really seems to me that you're the one ignoring some important details.
You are advising the OP to use this solution to solve his state problem
which is clearly documented as not being the correct thing to do.

So, If you choose to ignore a well documented feature given to us by the
Android team, that's your prerogative. As for the rest of us, we'll decide
when we prefer to use the correct solution over a kludge.