it's not like you "have to" as there no shortage of people who will
say some particular programming linguistic is "the best" and if you
sucker for it they will drag your mind across two desert and one
mountain range to prove it but fact of matter is Java calls into the
OS better and the XML save-state is by design matching  up with Java =
you can study any and if you have the time should study all but for
get-going I am going to suggest Java and for the reasons raduq stated