On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Neilz <neilhorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I rather thought that would be the case. Unfortunately I don't
> think the 'intent' link works from within a WebView, so I'm stuck with
> the browser, which would probably be the client's preference anyway.

Well, if you're using WebView, you wouldn't need the 'intent' link.
Use any link, and attach a WebViewClient to the WebView, overriding
shouldOverrideUrlLoading(), routing some stuff back to the WebView and
some stuff to your app proper.

> I don't want to actually 'get rid' of the browser as such, rather just
> move it to the other end of the stack. I assume you can't get hold of
> the stack and manipulate it like a pack of cards?!

Not really. You have minor control over the stack via Intent flags
included with startActivity() (e.g.,
FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP|FLAG_ACTIVITY_SINGLE_TOP to nuke all else on
the back stack besides the activity you specify). You could also
attempt to manage this by overriding onBackPressed() and launching
activities yourself, but that can get messy quick.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 4.1 Available!