I think the truth is that doing this requires some fairly fundamental
changes to the window manager, and if you really want to do it, you're
going to have to spend a few months reading up on the implementation
before you can start doing work.  (I.e., the concern is that if people
thought you would be able to do this, you would already know exactly
what types of questions to ask, and not to ask them to a list composed
of SDK programmers where you will ultimately not get any response on
source level issues simply because the audience isn't targeted at this
at all.)  While it is true that a number of members cross post, they
refrain from going off topic on the lists.

few changes simply beyond the window manager. However, if you would
like to learn what the other changes are, the window manager, along
with input handling, etc.. might be the right place to *start*
reading.

kris